When We Are Closed
After 6.30pm weekdays and at weekends & bank holidays. If you need a Doctor urgently when the surgery is closed please call 01793 762 218 and you call will be forwarded or call directly on 01793 646466.
You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation.
Call 111 if:
- you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
- you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
- you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
- you need health information or reassurance about what to do next
For less urgent health needs, contact your GP or local pharmacist in the usual way.
If a health professional has given you a specific phone number to call when you are concerned about your condition, continue to use that number.
For immediate, life-threatening emergencies, continue to call 999.
Please do not ask to see a doctor out of hours unless you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
Call 999 in an emergency. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
The Swindon NHS Walk-in Centre
This operates from:
SWINDON HEALTH CENTRE
OPEN 365 days per year 7am to 8pm Monday to Friday & 8am to 8pm Weekends & Bank Holidays.
- No appointment necessary
- Consultations with an experienced nurse
- Treatment for minor injuries and illnesses e.g. strains and sprains, coughs, colds and flu like symptoms
- Instant access to health advice and information on local services
- Advice on how to stay healthy
- Information on local out of hours GP and Dental services
- Information on local pharmacy services(The Clover Centre (detailed above) can provide similar services out of these hours but to avoid delay it is better to phone them in advance)